April 1, 2018
Everyone has a routine for putting on our makeup but have you thought about a routine for cleaning your makeup brushes?
How often should you clean your makeup brushes
- Clean your foundation and concealer brushes weekly
- They usually contain the most bacteria and can contribute to skin break out.
- Eye brushes should be cleaned every two weeks
- All other brushes can be cleaned once a month
How to clean your brushes with WATER & makeup brush cleaner
- Wet the makeup brush with lukewarm water.
- Place a small amount of makeup brush cleaner in a clean glass container.
- Then manage the damp brush with your hand to get all of the makeup out (over the sink).
- Then rinse the brush in lukewarm water. Be sure to only wet the bristles in this process and not the handle of your makeup brush.
- If your brushes are extraordinarily dirty repeats steps 2-4 until clean.
- Dry your brushes with a clean towel.
- Reshape brush with your hand.
- Then lay the brushes down to dry on the counter, so that the bristles are hanging off the edge of the counter
How to clean your brushes with WATERLESS CLEANER
Cinema Secrets Makeup Brush Cleaner cleans makeup brushes instantly without a drop of water is fast drying and conditions your brushes. The powerful cleaning agent dissolves away all traces of creams, pigments, and waxes from synthetic and natural bristles.
Dipping Method: Pour it, dip it, and wipe it:
- Pour the Makeup Brush Cleaner into a clean glass bowl
- Dip brush a quarter of the way up the brush bristles.
- Dip brush tip into the liquid and remove immediately to avoid oversaturation.
- For large fluffy or dense brushes, only dip 10 percent of the brush tip, and hold it vertically for five seconds so that liquid moves down into the base
- Wipe clean with absorbent paper towel or cloth.
- Repeat as necessary.
- Shape brushes and allow to air dry completely before use.
- Avoid contact with skin or eyes. (I wear disposable rubber gloves)
If you are looking to update your makeup brush collection check out our amazing line of Motives makeup brushes.